Exercise Your Right to Vote Safely
Request an absentee ballot to safely vote from home!
FDP Voter Protection Hotline
— or —
10/4 – SOE designates early voting polling locations
10/5 – Deadline to register to vote
10/24 @ 5pm – Deadline to request Vote-by-Mail ballot
10/19 – Early voting begins
10/31 – Early voting ends
11/3 @ 7pm – Deadline to return Vote-by-Mail ballots
11/3 – Election Day
At any time until 5:00 p.m. on 10/24/20, voters can request a VBM ballot be mailed to them. Obviously, earlier requests are better! Voters can request a VBM ballot in person at their county SOE’s office at any time including Election Day. Be aware that the completed ballot must be received by the SOE before 7 p.m. on Election Day.
Early Voting and Ballot Drop-off Sites
- Broward SOE Main Office, 115 South Andrews Ave. (Brickell Avenue Entrance) Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Voting Equipment Center at the Lauderhill Mall (Rear Entrance) 1501 N.W. 40th Ave. Lauderhill.
- ALL 22 early voting locations, starting Mon. October 19th through Sunday November 1st.
- You can only drop off a ballot during voting hours, which 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Vote-By-Mail: Myth vs. Fact
- Vote-By-Mail ballots may be rejected
- Vote-By-Mail means I cannot vote in person
- I need an excuse to Vote-By-Mail
- I only have to sign up once to Vote-By-Mail
- USPS will lose my ballot
- Nobody will put my ballot into the tabulation machine
- You can track your VBM ballot at your Supervisor of Elections’ website
- Return your VBM ballot early to allow time for corrections; VBM acceptance rate in FL is 99%; #1 reason for rejection is that a voter forgets to sign the mailing envelope
- Only if your SOE has already received your completed VBM
- Any registered voter can use VBM in Florida; no excuse necessary
- VBM is valid for 2 election cycles (up to 4 yrs.) and must be renewed
- You can skip the mail and return your completed ballot in person to a secure drop box if you prefer
- VBM ballots are removed from their mailing envelopes and placed into the machine in a public proceeding